While continuing to provide regular and emergency commercial and residential plumbing assistance in Melbourne’s Eastern suburbs, Doherty Plumbing Solutions is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our valued customers and the wider community.
Please note the information below for an overview of our COVIDSafe plumbing practices being deployed as per the current parameters, to minimise the risk of exposure.
This information is subject to change, according to the latest advice from the Victorian Government’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) surrounding the dynamic COVID-19 scenario.
Making a Booking
Customers booking an appointment with us will be screened via a series of questions, to ensure they have not been exposed to COVID-19.
If you have developed COVID-19-like symptoms after booking an appointment, please advise the DPS office immediately so that the booking can be rescheduled.
Where possible, job supplies and materials will be arranged for delivery via contactless pick-up.
For the latest Government directives, please visit the following DHHS links:
DPS plumbers conducting work on-site
Due to working in proximity to other people and the likelihood of coming in contact with potentially contaminated surfaces, our plumbers are taking steps while on-site to reduce the risks of exposure.
Our plumbers will provide customers with a courtesy text message before arrival, to further remind them to notify the office immediately if they are experiencing any COVID-19 concerns. Their bookings can be rescheduled.
All DPS plumbers have been advised on the current COVIDSafe procedures to follow while they are working on-site, to ensure their and our customers’ safety. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) gear such as gloves, face masks, and safety glasses.
- Wearing a disposable face mask when attending aged care facilities or being unable to physically distance on an internal job. Face masks are not required during outside jobs.
- Washing hands with soap and water (where available) or using hand sanitizers (containing 70% alcohol).
- Proper cleaning of plumbing equipment before and after completing the service.
- Maintaining physical distancing of 1.5m and avoiding handshakes / physical contacts.
- Cleaning their mobile devices, car steering wheels and door handles regularly throughout the day with disinfectant wipes.
- Please note that our plumbers might request that no-one else be present in the same room whilst they are working on an indoor plumbing issue. This is to ensure social distancing is maintained.
We thank our customers and staff for their patience and cooperation during these times, as we continue to deliver our professional, safe, clean and reliable plumbing services across Melbourne’s East.
Stay safe everyone!