Gas Plumbing Services
Hire the Most Reliable Gas Plumber in Melbourne
Hiring a highly experienced gas plumber is a must when it comes to gas plumbing. Choosing someone without proper training & experience, in order to save a few dollars, only puts your property at risk. Most times, you get what you pay for and the consequences could be serious, even life-threatening. Choose a service provider who can guarantee safe results with experience you can trust. It’s worth it.
We at Doherty Plumbing Solutions take pride in offering the best gas plumbing services in Melbourne, Victoria. Our gas fitting specialists have extensive experience with both residential and commercial properties. You can talk to us right away by giving us a call on 03 9877 5775. You will get to talk to an expert who will listen to your case and provide the best possible solution.
Gas leaks are dangerous and should be dealt with immediately. A gas leak smells a bit like sulphur or rotten eggs and should always be an issue of concern if detected. If you smell gas, turn off the gas at the meter, relocate to a safe distance and call your local gas plumber experts at Doherty Plumbing Solutions. We will quickly locate any faulty gas appliance and safely carry out any necessary repairs. We can identify even the most minor gas leakages before they can become major hazards and ensure an efficient gas line repair. If you smell gas near your gas meter, this is likely due to a regulator or pipe leak and must not be ignored. Act immediately.
Signs of leaks: Other signs of a gas leak may include an unusually high gas bill or when your appliances start burning a yellow flame. A safely burning gas flame is blue/yellow in colour. If you observe any damage to a natural gas appliance connection or pipe or see dirt/water blowing into the air, or a dry patch where a gas main is located, these are also possible indicators. Some gas leaks will emit a hissing or whistling sound as well. If you notice any of these signs, contact Doherty Plumbing Solutions right away. Our team of gasfitting specialists can ensure the safety of your home or workplace so give us a call on 03 9877 5775 and speak with our licensed gas plumber today!
Signs of a Gas Leak at a glance:
- Gas appliances emitting a discoloured flame
- You receive an unusually high gas bill
- You notice a sulphuric smell that is similar to rotten eggs
- You suddenly develop a headache & nausea
- Your indoor plants begin to wilt
- You hear a hissing or whistling noise
- You see dirt or water blowing into the air from the ground outdoors
- A dry patch of grass appears near a gas main
- You notice any damages to your natural gas appliance connections or a gas pipe
Our professionally licensed gas plumbers are experienced in all fields of domestic and commercial repairs and replacements. Don’t risk gas leaks, potential fire or explosion. Doing gas plumbing right the first time ensures that you do not end up with a disaster later that might be impossible to fix. Put you and your family or work colleagues’ safety first by calling your gasfitting specialists at Doherty Plumbing Solutions. Our team of gas fitters can advise you on any safety concerns and all our work is done in compliance with the latest safety regulations. Hiring a professional gas plumber from Doherty Plumbing Solutions, will ensure that peace of mind, thanks to our extensive experience.
We offer a comprehensive range of gasfitting services including:
- Oven or Stove Installations
- Hot Water Service Repairs or Replacement
- Gas Appliance Servicing, Repair or Replacement
- Gas Pipe Line Installation, Maintenance or Repairs
- Gas Safety Checks
- Outdoor Barbecue Connections
- Gas Heater / Fireplace Installation, Maintenance or Removal
Frequently Asked Gas Fitting Questions
- What is the nearest gas heater repair near me?
See our full list of Gas Plumber Services Areas in the Melbourne, Victoria region.
- What does a gas fitter do?
We repair and extend gas mains, install & repair service pipes & fittings and install and maintain gas piping and gas appliances in residential and business settings.
- Why hire a gas fitter?
Gas fitters are trained & qualified to perform any type of gas fitting work as well as gas plumbing maintenance. Gas fitting requires a competently licensed professional due to the complexity and risks involved. Not all plumbing professionals are qualified to do gas fitting work so be sure they are licensed to perform the type of gas fitting you require. Doherty Plumbing Solutions can ensure you are getting the kind of professional you need.
- Why choose Doherty Plumbing Solutions for gas fitting services?
We are experienced and fully licensed to meet your gas fitting requirements. Our professional gas plumbers are committed to putting our customers’ needs first. If required, we will implement top quality gas fitting techniques, using the latest leak tracing technology. Our gas plumbing services are cost-effective solutions for all of your gas installation & repair needs. A licensed plumber should provide a Compliance Certificate for all gas alteration works.
When it comes to gas, put your safety first and depend on Doherty Plumbing Solutions. 03 9877 5775
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odourless, tasteless and invisible gas that can be emitted by faulty gas appliances or inadequate ventilation. This toxic gas is often referred to as the ‘silent killer’ as carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal if not detected in time. Despite this, it is a danger that is frequently overlooked within the common household. Countless lives have been lost from avoidable conditions and an even greater number admitted to hospital each year with accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when carbon monoxide builds up in your bloodstream, replacing the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This deprives your organs and tissues from receiving the precious oxygen it needs. People who have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning describe flu-like symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain or confusion.
Carbon monoxide testing: Due to some very tragic deaths as a result of CO poisoning in recent years, it is now an Australian Standard for rental properties in Victoria to perform regular carbon monoxide testing every 2 years. In fact, all households should get their gas heaters and appliances tested for carbon monoxide every 2 years. Gas appliances need regular servicing to ensure their use is safe and not putting household members at risk.
Preventing carbon monoxide poisoning: There are steps you can take to prevent catastrophe and detect carbon monoxide-related issues before they become an emergency. Doherty Plumbing Solutions recommends some of the following precautions to protect yourself and your home.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home & keep batteries checked & replaced.
- Open your garage door before starting your car & never remain in an enclosed garage while the car is running.
- Follow factory recommendations on all gas appliances. Never use a gas appliance in a way it was not intended to be used.
- Ensure all fuel-burning appliances & engines are properly vented.
- Keep all appliances in good repair & perform routine maintenance checks as required.
- If a leak is detected, ensure repairs are made by a licensed professional before returning to the site or home.
A professional gas plumber like Doherty Plumbing Solutions can thoroughly inspect your property or investment property and ensure that you and your family or your tenant are not at risk of CO poisoning and do not have any potential leakages. You can call us right away on 03 9877 5775 for a full property inspection and testing. We can also provide a Gas Safety Report for landlords or body corporates.
Frequently Asked Carbon Monoxide Questions
1. What to do if I detect a gas leak?
If you find a gas leak on your property, call a professional gas plumber immediately to fix the leak. Doherty Plumbing Solutions has experienced specialists who are licensed to perform inspections and fix gas leakages. Other steps you should take include:
- Evacuate immediately
- DO NOT smoke or light a match, candle or any other flame near the leak.
- DO NOT turn on electrical appliances, switch lights on or off or operate any device or engine that could emit a spark.
2. What are the signs of a gas leak?
The following four signs can indicate a gas leak.
- It SMELLS like sulfur or rotten eggs
- You can SEE the flame turn yellow or orange from blue
- You may HEAR a hissing sound from the gas pipes
3. What is the typical expense for a complete gas fitting installation?
Prices are highly dependent on several factors, including property size, fitting requirements, the workload involved, labor costs, existing fittings, modifications, special requirements and requests, etc. Call our experienced gas plumbers who can provide you with a quotation depending on your specific needs.
6. Is a small gas leak dangerous?
Yes, if severe enough, a small gas leak can ignite a fire which can trigger an explosion. LPG is highly combustible, and the slightest spark could lead to big hazards. Additionally, even the smallest gas leaks can cause headaches, nausea and illness.