With the mercury dropping in Melbourne and the increased use of domestic gas heaters to keep warm indoors, now is a good time to check if your heater is safe. Doherty Plumbing Solutions can assist you with Gas Leaks and Carbon Monoxide Testing.
Since 29 March, 2021, new Victorian rental laws within the Residential Tenancy Regulations 2021 stipulate that all gas installations and fittings must undergo safety checks every two years by a registered gas fitter, who is licensed to service Type A gas appliances.
One of the key ways to ensure your appliances’ safety and efficiency is through regular Carbon Monoxide spillage tests. Doherty Plumbing Solutions can assist you with this process.
Why should you be careful about gas leaks and faulty gas fittings inside the premises?
Gas heaters produce toxic Carbon Monoxide as a derivative of the natural gas combustion process. If not safely expelled through proper ventilation, it could lead to Carbon Monoxide poisoning indoors, putting at risk household members and pets alike.
As a colourless and odourless gas, it is hard to detect the presence of Carbon Monoxide, which could be fatal in high concentrations indoors.
Additional warning indicators
Signs of Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be deceiving, sometimes being similar to food poisoning symptoms, or flu-like symptoms, including headache, nausea, muscle pain and weakness, shortness of breath, dizziness or chest pain.
Indications of a gas leak may include an unusually high gas bill, any hissing noise in the vicinity of a gas pipeline/appliance outlet, or when your appliances start burning a yellow flame. A safely burning gas flame is bluish yellow in colour.
How can Doherty Plumbing Solutions help?
As your local gasfitting experts in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, our licensed and experienced gas plumbing professionals here at Doherty Plumbing Solutions can locate and safely carry out necessary repairs.
While performing a Carbon Monoxide analysis, we will provide you with a three-page Gas Safety Report, thus giving you peace of mind that your appliances have been inspected for safe operation.